If you’re receiving either of the following benefits, you could qualify for a car under the Motability scheme:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (HRMC-DLA)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of the Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Even if you can’t drive yourself, you could still get a car on the Motability scheme by nominating a family member, guardian or your carer as your driver.
You should have received an Award Notice with details of your allowance from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). If they haven’t sent you one, or if you’ve mislaid it, simply contact the DWP on: 03457123456.
**Remember, if you’re thinking about joining the scheme, you must have at least 12 months of your award remaining.
For more information on awards and benefits from the DWP, visit the Department of Work and Pensions website.